I love a good creamy dressing but really hate all the unhealthy fat that comes from the typical mayonaise or oil based creamy dressing. This cilantro avocado dressing has all the creaminess you crave and all the health benefits of avocado and Greek yogurt. There is no guilt with this dressing.
This recipe comes together in 5 minutes and has so many uses other than just as a dressing to your favorite salad.
Let’s Talk Ingredients
All you need for this creamy cilantro avocado dressing is:
- Avocado is what makes this dressing nice and creamy. This the perfect solution for those overripe avocados.
- Greek Yogurt provides some creaminess and tanginess to the dressing. If you don’t have Greek yogurt on hand you can substitute sour cream.
- Cilantro provides a nice herbaceousness to the dressing. Parsley is the perfect substitute if you don’t have any cilantro.
- Lime Juice adds brightness and tang to the dressing. Lemon juice can be used as a substitute for lime juice.
- Garlic Powder provides flavor. I used the powder instead of raw due to some dietary issues with consuming raw garlic. If you prefer fresh, two cloves of raw medium garlic are approximately equivalent to ¼ of a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Olive Oil adds a little bit more richness to the dressing and helps it all bind together.
- Salt and Pepper are those spices that every dish seems to need. The salt will help enhance flavors but also act as a preserving agent. Fresh black pepper will add some additional depth to the dressing.
Ways to Use Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing
I love avocados so this dressing is just another way to add one of my favorite foods to a dish. Of course this dressing is perfect for salads but there are so many other ways to use it.
- This dressing is great on shrimp tacos, chicken tacos, steak tacos, pretty much any taco.
- It is the perfect drizzle on top of a burrito bowl, tostadas, nachos, or grilled steak, chicken, or fish.
- Leave off the mayo on your next sandwich or burger and substitute it with some cilantro avocado dressing.
- Skip the ranch and dip your veggies in some of this dressing instead.
Let’s Get Cooking
Are you ready for Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing? This dressing comes together in 5 minutes and is the perfect dressing for salads, tacos, sandwiches, and so much.
Pro-tip: This dressing only lasts about 3-5 days in the refrigerator so only make as much as you need.
Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- 1 cup avocado, about 1 medium avocado
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, or sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- water or milk, as needed for thinning
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend/pulse until smooth. Stopping to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk to thin out to the desired consistancy.
- Serve on your favorite salads or tacos or as a dip for fresh veggies/chips.
- Refrigerator in an airtight container for up 3-5 days.
- Add a fresh jalapeno for a little heat
- Greek yogurt can be replaced with sour cream
- Fresh garlic powder can be replaced with fresh garlic. ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder is equivalent to about two medium fresh cloves of garlic.
Did you make this recipe?
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on The Weekend Foodie and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own and use every cooking product and gadget I recommend.