I love Thanksgiving but I think I love the leftovers even more. There is something comforting about indulging in leftover turkey and dressing. My goto has always been the tried and true leftover turkey sandwich but you can only live on sandwiches for so long, right?!? So, I am leaving the bread on the shelf and starting a new Thanksgiving leftover tradition…Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie.
This recipe is super quick and easy so you can spend those extra special moments with friends and family. Bonus: it’s almost like getting Thanksgiving part deux without all those hours in the kitchen or the mess.
Let’s Talk Ingredients for Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie
As a child, I thought everyone ate the same Thanksgiving dinner that we did. Ours always included turkey and ham, mashed potatoes and cornbread stuffing as well as rolls (because there is never enough carbs), and Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce. Veggies? Well, I am sure there were some but I couldn’t tell what they were to save my life. I mean is that really what we swoon over at Thanksgiving…the vegetables! Needless to say, I eventually realized there are different types of stuffing, not everyone eats ham, and cranberry sauce isn’t supposed to have rings. We all have our own fabulous food traditions.
So adapt this recipe using the leftovers from your traditional family Thanksgiving dinner but plan ahead and make a little extra so you can have enough to make a hearty portion of Turkey Pot Pie.
Let’s Get Cooking
Are you ready for Turkey Pot Pie? I used a 9-inch square baking dish but you can use individual casserole dishes, too. Which would be great for making ahead and then baking on request.
Pro-tip: Make some extra gravy, too. Drizzle a little on top of each serving for a little extra taste of Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 pkg Pioneer Chicken Pot Pie Meal Sauce & Seasoning Mix
- 1 ½ cups turkey broth
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 ½ cup leftover (or frozen) vegetables
- 2 ½ cups leftover turkey
- 4 cups uncooked cornbread stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the seasoning mix and water in a small container until a slurry forms. Set aside.
- Add a small amount of oil to a large saute pan, and saute onion until translucent.
- Add diced potatoes, and cook until softened.
- Add vegetables, turkey, and seasoning mix slurry. Mix well.
- Simmer until vegetables the mixture thickens.
- Pour into a 9-inch casserole dish and top with cornbread stuffing.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until stuffing is a golden brown.
- I used leftover turkey carcass to make turkey broth but store-bought chicken broth can be substituted.
- I used a Pioneer’s Simple Meal Solutions Mix for ease but you can substitute with a homemade roux with poultry spices instead
Did you make this recipe?
Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a product affiliate link on The Weekend Foodie and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! I own and use every cooking product and gadget I recommend.